Saturday 10 April 2010

The church is discriminating against me!

Ok well, under new discrimination laws the church now can not choose preachers etc by sexual preference. So gay preachers may become a thing of the future. I think my opinions on this should be fairly easy to figure out so don't really want to dwell on the subject (if not then I think the church should not be allowed to discriminate). But it raises two points in my mind.

Firstly, why the constant focus on Christianity?. Sikhism, Islam, Judaism.. etc etc all are generally of the opinion that homosexuality is wrong, so where is the moral outcry from them? Or is this just another case of what applies to the majority does not apply to the minority? Are we once again so against possibly infringing on a minorities beliefs that laws and ethics get swept under the carpet when it applies to them.

The second thing I want to bring up and more the point of the post is this. If Christians are no longer allowed to descriminate based on biblical text (Lev.18,22 You shall not lie with a male as with a woman; it is an abomination etc etc) or there core beliefs. Then surely they are discriminating against me by saying I wont go to heaven because I don't believe. This is another belief based on there 'word of god' bible, and if one is discrimination then surely the other is. But I'm not a minority group and by that standard, my rights will never be fought for.

No comments:

Post a Comment